Random Dog Facts
- Dogs actually do sweat, but only through the pads on their paws
- Dogs’ sense of hearing can reach four times the distance of humans.
- Dogs can be beneficial additions to the lives of children with Autism. Trained dogs can lessen the child’s tendency of aggressiveness and give them a sense of independence
- Beagles and Collies create the most racket than any other dog; the Akbash and Basenji dogs are the most silent.
- Greyhounds can run as fast as 45 mph and are the fastest canines on the planet.
- In the Harry Potter series, Hagrid’s dog, Fang, was a Neapolitan Mastiff
- As per the Guinness Book of World Records, the world’s smallest dog, a Yorkshire Terrier from Great Britian, weighed a teeny-tiny 4 ounces (0.11kg) at age two.
- Dalmatians are often deaf doggies. Thirty percent of them cannot hear in either one or two ears.
- At age one, dogs have the same level of physical development that humans have at age 15.
- Smiling at your dog may make him feisty: dogs see your smile not as friendly body language, but detect your “bearing teeth” as a sign of aggression.